- 1. This contest is known as the Kankakee River Valley Fishing Derby, hosted by the Northern Illinois Anglers Association (NIAA). The contest shall include entries caught subsequent to 12:01 a.m. CDT July 2nd, 2021 and submitted to a sanctioned weigh-in station by 6:00 p.m. CDT July 11th, 2021.
- 2. All tagged fish have been officially measured for slot limit and legal length. A tagged fish can only win the designated sponsored prize and may not be entered into the size contest
- 3. . Prizes will be awarded to anglers taking specifically tagged fish as listed on promotional flyers. In addition, cash prizes will be awarded to anglers entering the largest 3 fish, by weight, taken during the term of the derby in each of the following categories: Walleye, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Crappie, Northern Pike, Channel Catfish, Flathead Catfish, Rock Bass, and Roughfish. Only one size-category prize will be awarded per individual.
- 4. The Derby Committee reserves the right to announce additional daily contests and promulgate the rules therefore by public announcement any time prior to the date of the contest. Ties are decided by date and time of surrender at weigh-in station (first fish wins), or draw if necessary.
- 5. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE KANKAKEE RIVER VALLEY FISHING DERBY COMMITTEE AND THEIR DECISION SHALL BE FINAL
- 6. To be eligible for prizes, all entries must be caught by hook and line methods (excludes bank poles, jugs, throw lines) permitted in accord with the rules and regulations promulgated by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and must be entered and recorded at one of the sanctioned weigh-in stations alive or in a fresh condition
- 7. Any fish that the angler wishes to enter into the Derby for prize consideration (tagged fish or weight competition) caught after weigh-in stations are closed must be called in to 815-802-5030 immediately. Leave a message with angler’s name, phone number, fish species, approximate size, where it was caught, and tag number (if tagged). The fish must be surrendered to a sanctioned weigh-in station prior to 8:30 a.m. the following morning by the person who caught the fish. Failure to follow these requirements may cause the catch to be considered ineligible for prizes.
- 8. Prizes are limited to fish caught in the Kankakee River or its tributaries in Kankakee and Will Counties, Illinois.
- 9. Officers and Directors of the NIAA and Kankakee River Valley Fishing Derby Committee members participating in fish release are ineligible for Tagged Fish prizes
- 10. Family registrations include the registrant’s spouse and natural born minor children, adopted minors, or any minor child over whom the registrant has
assumed legal guardianship
- 11. All information received must be legible concerning fisherman’s name, age, fish caught, weights, etc. and shall be the property of the Northern Illinois Anglers Association.
- 12. Entries will be judged daily and winners will be notified.with the distribution of prizes on Wednesday, July 14th at 6:00 p.m. at the Bourbonnais Sportsman’s Club. Winners, or their appointed representative, must be present.
- 13. All prizes are to be awarded by action of the Derby Awards Committee whose decision shall be final. All contestants and/or their parents, guardians, or other witnesses, may be required to sign written affidavits under oath, as to any facts or circumstances surrounding the taking of catches entered in the contest. Persons falsely swearing thereto may be subject to prosecution under Illinois law and subject to both criminal and civil penalties.
- 14. Tagged fish winners of merchandise and service prizes should call the donor of the prize within 30 days of prize night for the details of the prize.
*REGISTERED CONTESTANT ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER FISH INTO THE DERBY BEGINS 24 HOURS AFTER ENTRY FEE IS PAID. IF ENTRY IS BY MAIL, ELIGIBILITY BEGINS ON THE 3RD CALENDAR DAY AFTER THE POSTMARK ON THE ENTRY ENVELOPE. CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL AMATEUR ANGLERS WITH A PAID REGISTRATION OF $20.00 PER FAMILY OR PER INDIVIDUAL. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 10 A.M. CDT ON July 10th, 2021.